The University Consortium
The University Center works closely with many excellent universities and colleges in Connecticut and Northeastern USA
Our university partners
- Lead workshops on the college application process;
- Host tours of their campuses;
- Talk about their academic programs;
- Discuss emerging academic and career paths;
- Answer questions about their programs or the college application process
Our university partners are an important part of the personal advising and strategic planning we provide each student in their college selection, application and degree focus. We don't just mail in a college application. We work closely with our university admissions colleagues so that our students are accepted to the schools that are the best fit for them.
Here are our current university consortium members:
- Goodwin College (East Hartford, CT)*
- Quinnipiac University (Hamden, CT)*
- Connecticut College (New London, CT)
- Fairfield University (Fairfield, CT)
- University of Saint Joseph (West Hartford, CT)*
- CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice (NY, NY)*
- Manhattan College (NY, NY)
- AMDA College of Performing Arts (NY, NY)
Some of our partners (*) offer "Conditional Letters of Admission," and Goodwin College even offers "Guaranteed" letters of admission for all TUC students. These documents can allow students to develop their complete plan of study in the USA and may be beneficial when they apply for a student visa.
Advanced level TUC students in our University Prep Academic Accelerator program have the opportunity to take college courses from some of our partner universities while they are studying with us. Our students can earn as many as 16 college credits which will transfer to any of our University Consortium members. That's an entire semester's worth of credits!